Shade Net House
Shadenet house is a framed structure made of materials such as GI pipes, angle iron, wood or bamboo. It is covered with plastics net (Nets are made of 100% Polyethylene thread with specialised UV treatment) having different shade percentages. It provides partially controlled atmosphere and environment by reducing light intensity and effective heat during day time to crops grown under it. Hence round the year seasonal and off-season cultivation is possible.
Shadenets are available in different shade percentages or shade factor i.e 15%, 35%, 40%, 50% 75% and 90% (for example 35% shade factor means – the net will cut 35% of light intensity and would allow only 65% of light intensity to pass through the net).
How Does Shade Net Work?
Each plant has its individual requirements for sunlight and shade under which it flourishes at its best. To create optimum climatic conditions, selection of the correct percentage of shade factor plays an important role to enhance plant’s productivity to its optimum.
Special Features of Shade Net House
- Nursery propagation, floriculture, indoor plants, vegetables, tea, coffee, spices
- Hardening of plants.
- Cattle shed, Fish Pond, Poultry Farming etc
- Drying of various Agro products
- Acts as a wind breaker
- Greenhouse, terrace gardening & fencing
- Used as safety nets for building repairs & constructions
- Vermi compost unit
Advantage of Shade Net House
- Helps in cultivation of flower plants, foliage plants, medicinal and aromatic plants, vegetables & spices.
- Used for raising nurseries of fruits and vegetable.
- Helps to enhance yield during summer season.
- Protection against pest attack.
- Protects crops from natural weather disturbances such as wind, rain, hail, frost, snow, bird and insects.
- Used in production of graft saplings and reducing its mortality during hot summer days.
- Used for hardening tissue culture plants.
- Helps in quality drying of various agro products.
- Helps in creating favourable micro environment for production of Vermi compost.